Berlin Mitte, Kommandantenstr. 22, 10969 Berlin
12.000 m², rented out
54 car-parking spaces
“Muratti” was an epitome of luxury in den Golden 20’s – in form of a noble cigarette.
Between 1939 and 1975, there was the Berlin office and manufactory of company founder Sophokles B. Muratti on Kommandantenstraße 22. Constructed at the beginning of the 20th century, the Muratti courts exude the glance of an emergent industry era. Back then as well as today the classic manufacturing frontage appeals impressive and precious.
Already the imposing entrance area shows clearly the “soft” remedial design: The foyer combines the historic ceramic wall tiles with the modern pendant luminaires of Artemide. In memory of Muratti, the floor-to-ceiling windows on the ground floor and top floor grace tobacco leaves motives.
The interior construction of the loft offices takes the historic character of the building into account. The originally ceilings and pillars are visible again and shine in their new glance. Through the combination of industrial parquet and unplastered brick walls with highly modern aluminium surfaces, there is a plain elegance created.